Re: [ubuntu-phone] Determine whether the phone is muted

DBus won't be very convenient, as it requires an "unconfined"
application, as everything on the Ubuntu phone does except for showing a
"hello world" text on your screen.

On 06/25/2015 12:31 PM, Brendan Donegan wrote:
> I'm not sure it's the best way but using Pulseaudio's DBus interface
> might work. There seems to be a MuteUpdated signal that is sent out
> when a device is
> muted: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/Developer/Clients/DBus/Device/
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Jonas Drange
> <jonas.drange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jonas.drange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I don't know about system wide muting—but I suspect the app to not
>     have access to this information. Either way, wouldn't this [1] be
>     a natural place to start looking for information? Maybe one of the
>     examples can help you.
>
>     [1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/api/apps/qml/sdk-14.10/QtMultimedia/

QtMultimedia.Audio has a property called "muted" but it doesn't seem to
be controlled by the system wide "mute" control.