[Call for testing] New Thumbnailer

Hi all:

we’ve been working on a rewrite of the thumbnailer service, as used by
the Camera and Gallery apps, and by several scopes, to quickly fetch,
resize and cache images from pictures and videos.

This is now available on silo 10, for both vivid and wily phone
images. We are very happy with the improved performance, but some
rough edges may still be there.

We want to ask you all to test it and report any issues, especially if
you are a developer of an app that imports the Ubuntu.Thumbnailer QML
component, or if you are a scope developer that uses it.

Please report any issues found at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thumbnailer

If you are a devel, please also make sure to check the logs for your
app in ~/.cache/upstart/
A warning will be placed there if your app is asking for an invalid
thumbnail size (usually -1), and a full size image will be returned
instead, which in many cases may affect the performance of your app or
scope. If you get this warning, please adjust your code to provide the
real image size needed instead of -1.

Thanks a lot!
--
alecu, on behalf of the Unity API team