Brainstorm for more developers/apps

Hello,
I'm thinking what to do to attract more devs involved into creating
apps/scopes for Ubuntu.
Here is list what apps people really need
http://sturmflut.github.io/ubuntu/2015/06/27/ubuntu-app-scope-wishlist-june-2015/
Personaly, I would love to see some sport tracker, like open source
https://github.com/jonasoreland/runnerup
some high quality turn-by-turn GPS navi, some document editor.
What do you think of using crowdfunding to get some bigger apps? In my
opinion, we can be positive surprised how many people can give some
cash to hire developers for that great jobs! ;)
Cash from crowdfunding should go to some freelancers that will create
forks or maybe to devs of existing android/ios apps to hire them in
porting their projects? In my personal opinion - second one.

I've got also some question about getting cash for apps. How devs can
gain money except selling their products in store? Are there some
micro-payments implemented? Ads showing? Is there similar thing to
Google Ads services? Or can devs use Google Adsense/Adwords in Ubuntu
to gain money?

PS. Is there any tutorial how to port open-source android apps?

Follow ups