Re: Sync contacts and calandar on Ubuntu Phone with SyncEvolution (CardDav & CalDav protocols) from an Owncloud instance under self-signed certificate

Hi Vincent,

    > As said in the (long) subject, I'm trying to do this with a standard
    > protocol, not with a Google Account. My CardDav/Caldav provider is an
    > Owncloud installed on my own server.

    > Someone else?

    > *Vincent*
    > http://influence-pc.fr/

    > Le 02/07/2015 02:14, Renato Filho a écrit :
    >> Hi Vicent,
    >>
    >> Syncevolution is already integrated with our system.
    >> Just add your google account using the online-account page on system
    >> settings, and enable-contact sync.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Vincent <vincent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> I've tried to follow this tutorial for Ubuntu Touch:
    >>> http://askubuntu.com/questions/591866/how-can-contacts-and-calendars-be-synchronised
    >>>
    >>> But I met an error from syncevolution:
    >>> PROPFIND: Neon error code 3 = NE_AUTH, HTTP status 401: Could not
    >>> authenticate to server: rejected Basic challenge

'Could not authenticate' is a hint ;)

http://askubuntu.com/questions/591866/how-can-contacts-and-calendars-be-synchronised

mentions:

syncevolution --keyring=no --configure --template webdav username=<USERNAME> password=<PASSWORD> syncurl="in-its.de/owncloud" target-config@owncloud

May be you want to check that you used the right <USERNAME> and
<PASSWORD> there ?

I add SSLVerifyServer=0 to that command myself as I use my own server
too with a self-signed certificate (but I don't think a bad cert will
cause a 401 error).

      Vincent