Re: Dekko launch from address / autocomplete?

On 06/07/15 09:14, Louis Holbrook wrote:
In my phone address book the email addresses are not clickable, not can
I copy them to clipboard. Isn't it possible to simply launch the email
client from addressbook?

This was recently implemented in the address-book-app see https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1378345 and will be available in OTA-5

There is an addressbook in Dekko now, I see, but it's not synced with
the one on the phone, which to me at least seems not very useful. And
when typing a name/address in address fields in Dekko, there seems to be
no autocomplete feature that gets addresses from the phone address book.

For now, that leaves me with memorizing the address and typing it in
manually in the email, which leads me to believe that I'm missing
something?

Unfortunately the user experience of accessing contacts on device from a 3rd party app is pretty bad at the moment.

Dekko is not allowed direct access to the device contacts due to confinement and can only use content-hub for access. We have just landed import from address-book through content-hub similar to how telegram does it, so you will at least be able to auto-complete on the imported addresses. But this will require the user manually keeping the two address books in sync. Which sucks!

There is this open bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/dekko/+bug/1425949 which could provide better read access, but even that isn't the greatest of solutions and hopefully this will be addressed better in the future.

Cheers

Dan