Re: Dekko && how to change IMAP password

On 06/07/15 09:45, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Monday, July 06, 2015 a las 09:33:30AM +0100, Dan Chapman escribió:

On 06/07/15 08:13, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Monday, July 06, 2015 a las 07:21:08AM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

I have (among others) configured my company mailbox (an OutLook server)
as IMAP server and it works fine. In my company I'm forced from time to
time to change the password, and I did it right now. Two questions:

1) I have not changed it in Dekko (see question 2), but it still works
with the old password. How is this possible?

2) How can I change the IMAP password for this account in Dekko?

I can answer the 2nd question: After a reboot of the device and start of
Dekko, it was asking for the new password. It seems that somehow before
the IMAP connection was still active, even after terminating Dekko. Has
someone any information about this how this is working?

This is most likely the server didn't kick the currently live connection
after your password change on the server, so Dekko will continue to
function as normal. It won't be until Dekko is asked to authenticate
that it finds out the known credentials are invalid and will prompt for
a re-entry.

I definitely restarted Dekko a few times after changing the pw in the
server; Dekko never complained about the wrong (old) password. Only after
restarting the BQ, the password request was raised.

	matthias

Sounds like a bug in the server then if it allowed an invalid password.

Dan