Re: [Design] removing scopes

Cool. So ebay and amazon scope has to be preinstalled to obtain priviledges. I bet for the same reason as in Ubuntu desktop where we badly need the amazon plugin to slow our system down.

I can understand the photo scope but as some Internet reviews also confirm, ebay and amazon scope are pretty useless and I bet hardly anyone would install them.

Gesendet über Yahoo Mail für Android

Von:"Jamie Strandboge" <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum:Do., 16. Juli 2015 um 15:03
Betreff:Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Design] removing scopes

On 07/15/2015 05:38 PM, Michi Henning wrote:

> On 16 Jul 2015, at 7:02 , Renato Filho <renato.filho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Why we have so specific scopes as part of the image? Why we can not
>> make all scopes as click?
>
> Some of the locally installed scopes have privileges that scopes installed from click packages cannot obtain. For example, the photo scope can look at your Pictures folder, which a click-installed scope cannot do.

Actually, the permissions can be obtained-- use the unconfined template or
read_path/write_path in the security manifest. This will trigger a manual review
in the store of course (but as per store policy, Canonical-written scopes that
do this can be accepted without much fuss).

--
Jamie Strandboge                http://www.ubuntu.com/