Rotation in OTA-5

bq 4.5, r24.
I rebooted a couple of times, just to be sure that the problem was not
related to it.

The new rotation thing is almost great... but only with apps!

If you open an app (say Messages) and rotate the phone everything is
perfectly rotated (also unity, amazing!)
But if you then swipe this app left and you want to reopen it again you'll
at first discover that swiping from the right does not work, because now
right is up, and second that the Apps scope is not rotated at all.

So you have two choices:
First choice is to physically rotate the phone, maybe wait for the UI to
rotate, swipe from right, reopen the app, wait for the app to rotate,
rotate the device, wait for everything to rotate again.
Second choice is to do something unnatural and completely out of the
interface, that is to swipe from the top to recover the list of the apps.

Both things are disturbing (the second definitely more than the first) and
I believe that solving this problem will be a great improvement in the
experience of the full rotation.

The first idea that comes to my mind on how to solve it is that scopes
should rotate too.
This seems really natural, also for the News scope, maps and such.

Davide Alberelli

Follow ups