Re: Grid system's question

Le 27/07/2015 19:51, Cos64 a écrit :
> My question is: how can I make sure my UI looks good on any device? If I
> use 50 units, it won't fit on Aquaris E4.5. If I use 40, there will be
> wasted space on tablets. Is it possible to make 3 layouts for the same
> view (one for 40, one for 50 and one for 90)? Maybe something similar to
> Android [6]?

You are not required to have several different layouts, in practice
applications should be able to dynamic update when resized (especially
if they want them to look nice on a desktop configuration).

What those guidelines state is that most Ubuntu phones are going to have
a 40gu or 50gu layout so you should make sure your code looks nice at
those value. In practice your UI might be a list with elements taking
the width of the screen, it should work fine on both 40gu or 50gu, one
is just giving you a bit more space for content

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher