Re: RFC- Having a bluetooth service to handle pairing

On 29.07.2015 15:38, Tony Espy wrote:
On 07/28/2015 01:12 PM, Michael Zanetti wrote:

On 28.07.2015 18:06, Simon Busch wrote:
On 28.07.2015 17:57, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
Le 28/07/2015 17:37, Simon Busch a écrit :

So the service would show the UI or is this then offloaded to the
bluetooth indicator?

regards,
Simon

Good question, I've no idea about at the moment. I guess random
services
can't pop a dialog under Mir so the service would either need to be a
trusted helper or we need to maybe have the UI as part of unity8 and
the
service talking to it...

I would never place such a thing in a service component. Couldn't this
whole part be placed in indicator-network?

I remember the telephony popups and this would be very similar so you
know which component handles those? Is it unity8 or the telephony
indicator?

The incoming call and the wifi password entry are handled through the
notification system. Seems like the Bluetooth case would be just the
same, no?

So the indicator gets told by NM that secrets are required, and this in
turn uses the notification system (via DBus?) to pop up the dialog,
which then in turn passes the secrets back to the indicator(-service?)
via DBus?

If that is the case I would for something similar for bluetooth as it's pretty similar to what we need to do for networking and would safe us running another service process.

regards,
Simon