Re: mapplauncher

I see a slight issue with that approach.

Say you're using a ton of Button's, and find that it's a bottleneck, as it was the case for the OSK at one point, and maybe implement a custom ButtonGrid component. That's fine for this particular case if you accept the additional maintenance overhead and it's worth it.

Now the earlier examples included MainView. That one is significantly harder to replace. Again it's not unheard of - *looks at Unity8 and Browser* - but requires you to really keep up with internal API design you shouldn't be dealing with and to be following design evolutions very closely. Otherwise you'll lose anchorToKeyboard, localizations, the header, and probably a few other details.

How about instead, if you really find that MainView vs Rectangle is 5s slower, you file a bug, and we can investigate before you start re-implementing everything only to find that it will be slow again once it's complete?

Just my 2 cents,
   Christian