Re: mapplauncher

On Wed, 2015-07-29 at 11:06 -0400, Christian Dywan wrote:
> How about instead, if you really find that MainView vs Rectangle is 5s
> slower, you file a bug, and we can investigate before you start
> re-implementing everything only to find that it will be slow again
> once it's complete?

Sure, certainly components that are bad actors should be fixed. But
today, we have no way to evaluate that and determine the costs of each
one, so we can't identify those. But there are always going to be some
components that are high cost because they provide a lot of features.
There is no way for a developer today to realize that trade off, so they
can realize that if they only need one feature of MainView, they're
better off just doing a custom component off of Rectangle than using the
whole thing. Different apps are going to have different trade offs
there, we just need to inform developer of the costs when there are
some.

Ted