Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: CI Train Spreadsheet Replacement now LIVE!

On 30/07/2015 02:34, Robert Park wrote:
Ok! The rollout looks like a success! It is now time to NEVER USE THE
GOOGLE SPREADSHEET EVER AGAIN!!! :-D
Nice to see it go. Thanks Robert!

However the transition from the spreadsheet appears to be a bit rougher than anticipated. Statuses on the spreadsheet are not updated anymore. It means that we have no way to know which silos are ready for QA.

Until this is fixed or the data is migrated and you have a line on the spreadsheet that requires QA sign-off, please ping ubuntu-qa on #ubuntu-ci-eng and we'll add the request to our backlog.

Thanks.

JB.

Here are a few key changes that CI Train users need to know:

1. Submit new landing requests at https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/

The form fields are modelled after the spreadsheet columns, so most of
your knowledge of the spreadsheet is largely transferable. If you're
unsure what to type into a given field, hover your mouse over it for
detailed explanations.

Existing requests in the spreadsheet can stay in the spreadsheet as we
phase that out.

2. The dashboard has moved to
https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/static/dashboard.html

This should be familiar to everybody already, so please update your bookmarks!

3. It is now possible for users to assign their own train silos. Once
you've submitted a request you can simply click the 'Assign' button,
which opens the jenkins job, and then you can click 'Build', and your
silo should be assigned. If there are fewer than 5 free silos then
you'll need trainguard approval to assign, but generally this isn't an
issue and silo assignments are open to everybody.

You also use the same 'Assign' link to reconfigure existing silos. If
you make a change to your landing request you can reassign at your
leisure. No more waiting for trainguards to get back from lunch!

If you're unsure what value to put in a given field, however, please
ping 'trainguards' in #ubuntu-ci-eng before making a mistake. Thanks!

Any questions, comments, concerns, or feature requests should be
directed at me and I'd be happy to discuss. Now I'll get to work
updating the documentation ;-)

--
Jean-Baptiste Lallement
Canonical Services Ltd.