Re: [Call for testing] Wi-Fi Hotspots (Internet tethering)

As a rule of thumb, apt-get doesn't agree well with OTA. There is a fair chance of the following reboot to get stuck in a loop. apt-get uses dpkg which is oblivious of symlinks used to make certain files writable on a normally readonly image - when you're making it writable you're cheating, services and apps on the system can't do that. So if dpkg happens to touch one of these special links it will break writability of that file.

PPAs are using apt-get, so they are affected just the same. apt-get update is more likely to cause a problem because you will pull in lots of arbitrary updates.

If, like me, you do this anyway because you find you need to install things using apt, be sure to save this link:

http://sturmflut.github.io/ubuntu/bq/2015/05/04/hacking-the-bq-part-1-bootloader-fastboot-recovery/

ciao,
   Christian