Re: What moving to GCC5 means for the phone and app developers

On Jul 30, 2015 5:35 PM, "Alberto Mardegan" <alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 07/30/2015 11:09 PM, Martin Albisetti wrote:
> > I'm assuming this changes needs to be paired with:
> >
> > - Dropping all frameworks as supported from that image once this lands
> > - Introducing a new framework
>
> Is (or will it be) possible to upload to the store more than one version
> of one app, if these versions require different frameworks?
>
> If so, the transition wouldn't be as painful for app developers.

That isn't planned, no. The main reason being we said we would keep
backwards compatibility aggressively, and we would keep our phone user base
on the same, updated OS version to avoid fragmentation.
This GCC change seems to break on that, I was surprised by it, but maybe
there's a plan on how to keep backwards compatibility instead?