Re: recommendations for nexus 4 battery replacement

On 4 August 2015 at 02:19, Leo Arias <leo.arias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The battery on my nexus4 seems to have died because I can't use it
> unplugged. I'm looking for a replacement. The reviews in amazon range
> from "perfect" to "it's leaking", so I'm not sure where to purchase it
> from.
>
> They are cheap, that's not the big deal. The problem is that it can
> take up to a month to arrive here, and I want to use my phone soon, so
> preferably on the first purchase attempt. Where did you get your
> replacement?

I had a similar problem with my Nexus 4 at the start of the year (the
battery had inflated enough for the adhesive holding the glass back on
to give way).  I just bought a replacement on eBay, which has worked
fairly well so far.

Once you get the back cover off, you'll find that the N4 battery is
glued down.  This can be a bit of a pain if the battery has inflated
much.  Heat can soften the glue a bit, but at the same time heating up
a swollen lithium battery doesn't seem like the safest thing to do.

James.