Re: Application startup

> Hi.
>
> A phone is a phone and if you don't intend to use it like a phone, you
> have to deal with the consequences and not the phone makers.

So you are basically saying goodbye (and thanks for all the fish) to
convergence :)

I believe that we are not talking about phones anymore, these things that
we have in our hands are mainly computers, with the possibility to make
calls and send sms, things that people do less and less everyday (on a
related side, making calls and sending sms is way more insecure than
sending messages via encripted chats).
The last "phone" I had - that I can honestly call "phone" - dated back to a
Nokia 3330.

> But to me, this is a text book example of "I need a faster horse" kind of
> problem. Making application X load faster will not solve anything. It is
> only a symptom to another problem. I believe Improving application loading
> time will improve the experience.

I definitely agree on this.
Making eveything load faster will positively influence also this particular
problem, as well as the same problem with the other applications.
So, I agree that we should improve everything, not just "application X" and
than eventually let the user decide what she/he wants to always be up (the
dialer app, the message app, telegram, whatever else).

Davide