Re: Opening Wikipedia, Forum Browser, etc.

Hi Krzysztof,

In theory apps are capable of defining handlers for custom urls. When an app or a scope tells the system that a link should be opened by another app, the system will check for a matching url handler and if there are multiple ones, ask the user which one he wants to use. I don't know if the browser app currently supports that without clicking the share button but I can tell you that Forum Browser (yes, it's me, its developer ;)) has no way of registering such a handler that works for all forums. Wikipedia links have a limited set of domains, but as you know there are hundreds of thousands of forums out there which support the Tapatalk API. Even if we had access to a list of all of them (which we don't), we still couldn't add hundreds of thousands of url handlers to the app. I guess that the reason why this works so well on Android and iOS is that the Tapatalk plugin on the website can detect if the user uses an Android or iOS device and if he or she does, it can send an "Intent" (that's what it is called on Android) to open the link in the official Tapatalk app.

I'm sorry if this is not the response you hoped for but it's sadly not in my power to change that.

Cheers,
Niklas