Re: Application startup

Am Di, 4. Aug, 2015 um 1:37 schrieb Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On 08/04/2015 04:31 AM, Davide Alberelli wrote:
<mailto:arashbm@xxxxxxxxx>>:

    Hi.

A phone is a phone and if you don't intend to use it like a phone,
    you have to deal with the consequences and not the phone makers.

So you are basically saying goodbye (and thanks for all the fish) to
convergence :)

Well, not necessarily. A phone still has to be able to answer and make phone calls (especially emergency calls) even when it is being used as a desktop-style device.

There's no reason to think the Dialer app would even be installed on a desktop or tablet before VoIP and SIP integration are finished (and even then it's likely to be optional).

I suspect this is something that snappy will improve. In any case it's not an *unreasonable* suggestion while other, more permanent work is underway.

I agree that the request is not unreasonable but this thread has shown that there are also those users who don't use the dialer that often. I feel that it has never been the common sense of the Ubuntu project that a user who does not use the project as some others do has to "deal with the consequences" for doing so.

And to be honest, is really that necessary to get a one second app launch time improvement for *a single app* at the price of slowing down the whole system and closing even more apps while they are in the background?