Landing team 05.08.15

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the missing landing e-mails in the past two days - I was
off sick. I'm back now with some fresh news straight from the battle-front.

First thing: Oliver is testing a new livecd-rootfs patch on the
overlay-ppa right now that will possibly fix issues with our build
system not picking up the android packages published in the overlay. The
patch is generally safe, but in the very unlikely case of some breakage
be prepared for issues in rc-proposed.

There is still no definite decision regarding a hotfix OTA-5.5. We were
considering releasing the existing fixes but it seems that this week QA
is a bit busy with the point release testing. Also, everyone is still
really busy dealing with the gcc-5 transition aftermath in our wily
touch images. The short version is: currently wily-proposed is
completely broken in terms of touch. Many brave developers are doing
their best to resolve this crisis but this takes time. Even though our
main focus is vivid-overlay we would still like to keep wily in a sane
state.

We are also waiting for the vivid-overlay LP translation to get finally
updated with the wily ones. The LP team is still working on that as
there were some complications popping up. The infrastructure is in place
but we still want to copy over all the existing translations so that the
translators have a base to work on top of it. There will be an
announcement when this happens.

We also remind all developers that the String and Feature Freeze for
OTA-6 is planned for the 11th of August, so Tuesday next week. Be sure
to work on all the most critical features from our milestone list ASAP [1].

And finally: commitlogs are back. Be sure to read through them to get a
quick overview of which changes landed recently. Cheers!

[1] https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-products/+milestone/ww34-2015

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#85 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/85.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

#276 devel-proposed/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/276:20150802:20150708/13433/

#206 rc-proposed/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/206:20150805:20150210/13463/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

** No data connection switching from 2G only to 3G
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1461593
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** OTA update: lower user click not updated by custom tarball higher click
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1479001

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,