Re: Idea for better user experience on train/bus/car

I think what you say make more sense in terms of Newtonian mechanics. There
is a huge difference then: recalling that accelerometer measures
acceleration (and not absolute velocity) it means that we cannot measure
relative speed of phone to car because the phone is not accelerating. It's
just there stable because of its mass (inertia).

A solution might be to look at the problem in a different perspective. If
your guess about how this works is true then we might actually need to
intensify phone movements by a product of device mass (as these movements
are results of force of our hand which is moving up and down with the car)

Unfortunately I don't have an Ubuntu compatible smartphone to test any of
these. I will try to do a prototype on Android but Java is not really my
thing so it will take some time.