Re: vivid+stable-phone-overlay on desktops

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.08.2015, 17:25 -0500 schrieb Kevin Gunn:
> Hi all -
> So I felt like this needed to be shared just in case.
> Some folks have added the ppa for stable-phone-overlay to their vivid
> desktop to assist their efforts with development activities for the
> phone.

while I understand why some people might want to do this and don't
really care if their desktop blows up, can we pretty please not actually
suggest it to third party devs to do so ?
the phone overlay PPA is full of packages that have patches not
necessarily suited for desktop use at all, with dependencies changed
that you wouldn't find on desktops and configurations that replace
normal desktop configs. this can lead to completely unpredictable
things, so if we actually suggest third party devs to do this, please
add a big fat disclaimer that it can trash your desktop install.

i told tsdgeos to contact sil2100 on IRC today to get the fixed xorg
package synced, seems that didnt happen so i'm CCing Łukasz in ths mail
additionally to get it done tomorrow ...

ciao
	oli