Landing team 11.08.15

Hello everyone,

Today is the feature and string freeze for OTA-6. After today we will
only be accepting bugfixes - besides rare exceptions approved by the
product team of course. There's a lot of feature silos scheduled for
landing right now, most of them ready for QA sign-off. The QA team will
have a lot of work in the nearest time. Some of the features include
search functionality for webbrowser and hotspot management through the
indicator. There's more of course, but we'll see how many of those make
it for OTA-6.

The Launchpad team also copied over all the wily translations to the
15.04 ubuntu-rtm series today. We'll be announcing the new place for
stable phone translations soon - we want to have all the weekly builds
enabled first which should be done around tomorrow.

In the nearest day we will also prioritize all work related to getting
emulator images building again and actually 'working', as this is a
blocker for OTA-6.

We also wanted to include calendar and dekko by default in OTA-6, but it
seems both aren't quite ready for that yet ([1] [2]). Will probably have
to be postponed once again. For now users will have to get those from
the store.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#92 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/92.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
devel : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/
rc : http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/

#276 devel-proposed/mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/wily/touch/mako/276:20150802:20150708/13433/

#213 rc-proposed/mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/vivid/touch_stable/mako/213:20150811:20150529.1/13501/

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

http://people.canonical.com/~platform/citrain_dashboard/
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing

* Blocking issues (stable):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

* Blocking issues (devel):

** [vivid-overlay] unity8 fails to start on the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1458694

** location is inaccurate
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1426307
 => Merge requests present

* Known issues:

** Install the calendar app by default [1]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default [2]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** OTA update: lower user click not updated by custom tarball higher click
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1479001

* Issues not impacting user experience:

None.

Best regards,