Re: Out of silos!

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Steve Langasek
<steve.langasek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can we consider the g++ transition a special case, and ask for silos to be
> merge-and-cleaned now if they've been published to wily-proposed - trusting
> that they'll be shepherded the rest of the way on the archive side?

Yes, this is totally reasonable and I've already seen this happen in a
couple of cases anyway.

If you have a silo stuck in wily-proposed (particularly if this is a
dual silo as your vivid packages will already be safely in the overlay
ppa), and you want to merge your silo and begin a new silo, without
concern for your package actually making it into wily proper, you can
just click 'Clean' on the dashboard, check FORCE in the jenkins job,
and then click 'Build'. Your merges will be merged, your silo will be
freed, and then you'll be free to start a new silo with new work that
builds atop the previous merges.