Re: ubuntu touch - kali

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM, rv pellarin <nocomp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi folks,
> now i am discovering more and more about my mx4 works, and what interst me
> the most in this adventure, is the ubuntu side, and regarding this i have
> few question where you guys might have answers :)
>
> i ve set the fs in rw and tried apt-get, wich is nice, but i ve noticed that
> the kernel don t allow you to do pack injection, any idea if that can be
> change?
> kali has released an arm version of their distrib, can you tell me if there
> is a way to get the kali tools running in my phone, my main interest of
> getting in ubuntu phone, is to be able to do network auditing from the
> mobile on a higher lever than android allows you to do, being able to run
> metasploit in the mobile would just be amazing.
>
> thank you for your time, if you are on #ubuntu-touch i am @nocomp

For packet injection to work, the kernel driver for the Wi-Fi chipset
should allow packet injection.
I think that for most mobile phones, the default kernel driver for the
Wi-Fi chipset does not have
support either for packet injection or monitor mode.

The MX4 Ubuntu Edition has its source at
https://github.com/meizuosc/m75 and it is possible to recompile (and
install on the phone).
The question is, what changes in the source (if any) are needed in
order to support those Wi-Fi features?

Simos