Re: Multitasking

On 17 August 2015 at 03:15, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When can I wait true multitasking?
>>
>> How was alarm realised? I need alarm in my app.
>>
>> суббота, 15 августа 2015 г. пользователь Roman Zonov написал:
>>
>> > Hello. Alarm  - is more exception, than a rule, there is no opportunity
>> > at the moment to make an app working in background.
>

> I'm also little worried why only Clock alarm can work and ring even when we
> swipe down and close app. Why other apps can't do that? Is it security issue
> or something else? I think that blocks lot of cool features (and new apps
> that could be developed).

The clock application closes just like any other application when you
swipe it away.  The reason your alarms still function is because the
application is essentially just acting as a front-end to configure the
alarms: they are actually managed by a shell component
(indicator-datetime, IIRC).

It'd be nice to have some kind of general purpose background
processing mode for applications, but it isn't available at this time.

James.