Re: Place for stable phone (vivid stable-phone-overlay) translations

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> We would like to finally announce the place where all our stable-phone
> translations will be managed:
>
>  https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rtm/15.04/
>
> The Launchpad team created an ubuntu-rtm/15.04 translation distro-series
> that will be used for managing, submitting and generating translations
> for our stable phone channels. This means that if you want your
> translations to be visible in phones flashed with the stable, rc or
> rc-proposed channels, this is the place to go.
> Currently the distro-series has all the recent touch package
> translations copied over from wily - which for most cases should fit
> what we have in the vivid stable-phone-overlay.
>
> We encourage translators and other volunteers to help out in translation
> coverage of all our supported languages.
>

> Now some explanation for those interested in the details. As you know,
> our stable phone channels use the vivid series as its base system,
> overlaid with a special PPA called stable-phone-overlay. Because of that
> 'vivid' cannot be used as the translation place for our touch stacks as
> all the newest changes are only present in the overlay PPA right now.
> For everything to work, the Launchpad team added functionality to LP
> itself to enable fetching translations from PPAs and created a separate
> translation series just for this purpose.
>
> So remember - if you see a string missing translations in your on your
> stable phone, open up the URL above and submit your translation
> propositions. Any help is welcome.
>
> We will be running automatic weekly exports on Tuesdays, along with
> automatic langpack-o-matic uploads of new language packs with all
> translations on the next day. The exact hours will be announced as a
> follow up around Monday next week. We are right now doing a base
> translation export and will do a first langpack-o-matic manual run later
> today to confirm everything is working from the infrastructure side.

Thanks for this.

It's good to state whether http://projects.davidplanella.org/stats/
would be deprecated for the time being,
or whether it can be updated so that it shows ubuntu-rtm/15.04.

In addition, there are some new language teams that are showing up and
want to be included in the list
of supported languages for the phone.
Is there a special step for a new language to be included in the phone
localisation?

Simos