Re: Multitasking

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Krzysztof Tataradziński
<ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So why Ubuntu making the same mistakes? ;)

I view that as a rhetorical question ;-).

"Multitasking" (ability to run in the background) for installed apps
on a mobile device is quite tricky
and the main issue is how to deal with misbehaving apps.
Those misbehaving apps that make use of "running in the background"
can effectively
drain the battery, make you unhappy and give you a bad view of the phone OS.
It is difficult to debug issues if you have to factor in the
possibility of some app running in the background.
I think that even the early iOS did not allow apps to run the
background, until they could
figure out how to do properly.

If you are a power user and you need the ability to allow certain apps
to run in the background,
then you can install the OpenStore at https://open.uappexplorer.com/apps
get Ubuntu Touch Tweak Tool and toggle the ability for specific apps
to run in the background.

Simos