Re: BQ E5 - Boot up on external power ?

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 19.08.2015, 09:13 -0400 schrieb Pascal Gosselin:
> Unlike the Openmoko GTA02 "Freerunner", the BQ E5 Ubuntu Edition doesn't
> boot up based on the presence of external power, it charges instead
> This is a killer feature required for our usage (imagine a dedicated
> Dashcam on steroids).
>
> Could the bootloader be customized to do this, and if so, how ?

i haven't seen a single android based device that was capable to do
this, usually the bootloader intercepts the boot (and usually the
bootloader source isn't available). i could imagine that it has to do
with law regulations for approved phone devices (like you are forced to
make emergency calling possible even if you dont have a SIM in the
phone, to match country regulations)

ciao
	oli