Re: BQ E5 - Boot up on external power ?

I've seen Android ROMs that booted when connected to power, not by design
but because they omitted the charger code stuff. (This was on a relatively
old Sony phone.)

I'm not 100% sure but I think you might be able to rebuild the kernel
changing this to "no":
https://github.com/bq/aquaris-E5/blob/aquaris-E5-ubuntu-master/mediatek/config/vegetahd/ProjectConfig.mk#L886