Re: Bluetooth API for 3rd party developers

On 23.08.2015 04:44, XiaoGuo Liu wrote:
Hi,

I am now trying to help a developer to get Bluetooth API. On our phone
platform, do we have any open API for the purpose? I cannot find any such
info at: http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/apps/qml/sdk-15.04/.

From what I know we currently don't expose any bluetooth specific APIs. Qt itself offers some (see http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtbluetooth-index.html) but I never tried to use them in Ubuntu Touch applications. The package (qml-module-qtbluetooth) responsible for it also isn't installed on our current images.

This is really something we need to get up on our list of things we have to provide as part of our application usable API sets.

regards,
Simon