Re: Bluetooth API for 3rd party developers

Hi,

On 24.08.2015 12:37, Simon Fels wrote:
> On 23.08.2015 04:44, XiaoGuo Liu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am now trying to help a developer to get Bluetooth API. On our phone
>> platform, do we have any open API for the purpose? I cannot find any such
>> info at: http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/apps/qml/sdk-15.04/.
>
> From what I know we currently don't expose any bluetooth specific APIs.
> Qt itself offers some (see http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtbluetooth-index.html)
> but I never tried to use them in Ubuntu Touch applications. The package
> (qml-module-qtbluetooth) responsible for it also isn't installed on our
> current images.

afaik, QtBluetooth will be included in images soon. To get started with
exploring it you can manually install it from apt for now. I have tested
the BluetoothDiscoveryModel and it seems to work for unconfined stuff. I
had less luck with file transfers tho.

> This is really something we need to get up on our list of things we have
> to provide as part of our application usable API sets.

Once we have Bluez5 running and are not working on top of an obsolete
stack any more I expect this topic to get some more attention.

Br,
Michael