Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto improvements, Dashboard deprecation

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Michael Zanetti
<michael.zanetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * when adding a new branch to an existing silo and then reconfiguring
> it, before one could easily see if the reconfigure step was successful
> or not, depending if the new MR would show up on the dashboard or not.
> Now, adding it will always make it appear there and in order to see if
> it really ended up in the silo config, I think one needs to either check
> the configure job's history to find out.

Ah yes, I had the same problem. This is now solved by visiting the PPA page:

https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-service/+archive/ubuntu/landing-054

The information listed here can be considered equally authoritative as
the dashboard page was, so if your MP isn't on that page, it won't get
built when you run the build job.

This also solves the problem of bileto not having the link to the
jenkins console output when you want to investigate a failure status.
First click through to the PPA, and the link to the console log is
there.

The ultimate goal is to make jenkins query bileto for the data every
time, so that you never need to reconfigure, but this will work as a
stop-gap until that is achieved.

> * I find it a little harder to find my silos in bileto, I think that's
> partially because the list has less spacing than the entries in the
> dashboard had,

I mentioned in another mail you just need to click 'Mine' to see only
your own open requests.

> but also because bileto still shows my old, already
> landed silos.

This is only true if you are searching your own name rather than using
the 'Mine' page.