Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto improvements, Dashboard deprecation

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:16:25AM -0700, Robert Park wrote:
> On Aug 27, 2015 9:54 AM, "Rodney Dawes" <rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > One small thing that I think would help a lot, is to have the link to
> > the PPA, have the "/+packages" added to the end of the URL. The main PPA
> > page by itself is pretty much useless, and what I need is to get at the
> > links to download the armhf .debs that were built, or to see build logs,
> > which are all on the +packages page.
>
> Hmmmmmmm, I'm not sure about this one. I /just/ went live with a change
> that puts a ton of useful (to me) info in the ppa description field, if i
> make this change as you say then I'd have to click extra to get to what i
> want. Unfortunately the description isn't shown on the other page.
>
> Maybe we could have both links? That might clutter it a bit too much, not
> sure what would be best.

The Archive:+index / Archive:+packages split for PPAs is a bit of a mess
really and needs rethinking (there are several bugs about this), but as
an interim band-aid I think we'd favourably consider a patch which
duplicated the description across both the "user-focused" index and the
"developer-focused" +packages page.  Starting points:
lib/lp/soyuz/templates/archive-{index,packages}.pt and
lib/lp/soyuz/browser/archive.py.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]