Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto improvements, Dashboard deprecation

On Aug 27, 2015 3:24 AM, "Timo Jyrinki" <timo.jyrinki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Robert for all the great improvements again!

You're welcome! It's super fun working on user-facing features, a lot of
the internal code cleanup & test writing was really thankless ;-)

> Visual cues are what I miss from the dashboard the most now. When
> publishing a silo, I first felt something was "wrong". And what was
> wrong was that the bold, friendly blue was missing from the "QA
> granted" text. All of the color coding on the dashboard was really
> helpful, so it'd be nice to get some of it back.

OK I've just gone live with status colors, as far as i know I've hit
feature parity with the Dashboard's colors, let me know if i overlooked
anything.

> And one more thing: I now noticed that as a trainguard I really miss
> the "N silos in use" text. That helps to know the general status and
> eg when going up to the 50-60 one knows we're approaching limits while
> at sub-40 no thoughts need to be put to the direction of checking up
> the silo usage.

OK, i added this too, but be warned it's a little experimental. Where the
dashboard was counting actual Jenkins silos, bileto is counting "requests
with silioname set and status not Landed or Abandoned". So far the numbers
are matching but it's not impossible for them to get out of sync. This
situation will improve however as i continue working towards integrating
everything.