Re: If Gmail can, why other apps can't?

So if I good understand, that Gmail is asking Ubuntu OS and sending some
data to Google and get some other back, even when primary app is closed?
Yes?
I'm thinking about Activity Tracker - is there a possibility to do similar
thing with GPS data? I mean that app will ask Ubuntu OS for location, even
when screen is off (and app is not in foreground) - is that possible for
now or does Canonical working on it?

Best regards,
Krzysztof Tataradziński
https://launchpad.net/~ktatar156