Re: It's possible to install Skype (app, not web app) in Ubuntu Touch?

On 15 September 2015 at 04:54, Marco Graziotti <graziottimarco@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I saw in this official video realized by "Ubuntu Development"
> https://youtu.be/Hoa6RwnCq1g a tablet with Ubuntu Touch installed that
> show a Skype app (not a web app version), and Firefox browser installed too.
> How it's possible?
>
> It's possible to install this app? if yes, how I can do it. I need to
> install Skype.

So there are two things that made it possible to run Skype in that video:

1. The tablet had XMir set up to allow running X11 apps under Unity8.

2. The tablet has an x86 processor allowing it to run the Skype binaries
released by Microsoft.

Neither of those hold true for the ARM based phone you're probably running
Ubuntu Touch on.

James.