Re: Stock web browser can't handle Basic Auth

September 16 2015 10:36 AM, "Peter Bittner" <peter.bittner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,

Hi Peter,
thanks for your mail.

> is it possible that the web browser on my bq E5 (r5) can't handle
> Basic Auth? There is no prompt dialog popping up, instead Apache's
> usual "Authorization Required" page (on my server) or a similar page
> (e.g. on https://pypi.python.org) is shown.

Yes, the version of the browser in the stable release at the moment doesn't
handle Basic Auth.

This bug was fixed in the package webbrowser-app - 0.23+15.10.20150913-0ubuntu1,
that should land in the next OTA (mid of October if I remember correctly).

You can see the bug report here:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+bug/1422534

> Should I file a bug report? (Where?)

Webbrowser bugs have to be reported here:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/webbrowser-app/+filebug

When you don't know where you have to report a bug, please take a look here:
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Components

> Additional questions:
>
> - What browser is this exactly on our phones? A fork of Chromium?
> Which parts of the implementation are different, and why?

I think this blog post explains the situation quite well:
  http://www.chriscoulson.me.uk/blog/?p=196

Regards,
Riccardo