Re: About development struggles

Hello Benjamin.

Sorry for the delay in the response. I will answer to some of your
future of development for ubuntu in general in a best direction for all.

*"Yes I agree, the options here are not optimal. Maybe it would be better
to show a list of frameworks instead of the channels and as you said give
more advanced users a way to type in the channel directly.*

*However you always should create a x86 emulator, it is indeed much faster
than the armhf version. As for the channels, the devel-proposed should
always contain the most recent development version, you probably want to
use that one for hacking. The channels named bq-stable and bq-rc are
targeting theBQ phone."*

Definitely for beginners complex options can be really confusing, as
Android and IOS does, for emulators, you just need to create a new one and
voila, you are ready to go, at least for basic applications. If you need an
specific channel, image, emulator arch, etc, you can always customize a new
one, but the first step was just one clic away.

*"Yes the chroot boostrapping is still a problem, we are currently working
on a solution to provide a single download that contains the complete
chroot, so downloading can not fail in between the setup process.My advice
here is, always create the chroots/kits from the devices page. The devices
page knows the frameworks of all your devices (emulators) and can
automatically create the right version so you do not have to do things
twice.If you have a unreliable internet connection the single package
download should make the situation better for you."*

The new approach with the single download with the complete chroot its
definitely
better than the old one, just one concern with this new one, updates, you
will need to download 500MB every time the chroot needs to be updated
because just one library inside it?

*"You always should target the framework named after the most recent Ubuntu
release, right now this is 15.04."*

Agreed, in fact that was the framework i was trying to use but not all the
images in the emulator has it, in fact the ones on the stable channel did
not.

That said, my main concern with the development process is the emulator, i
follow the directions you provide me in the previous email: download and
install the single kit package (chroot), create a new emulator from the
devel-proposed channel and this is what i get (attaching images):

The emulator in deed has the 15-04 framework thats great, but its start it
like a desktop mode, as can bee see in the images; that is suppose to be or
i did something wrong? I try to use it as it is, but i dont let me scroll,
dont show the menus, in less words i cant use it.

Thanks in advance.