Re: How the OTA works in detail?

El día Wednesday, September 16, 2015 a las 03:07:46PM -0700, Steve Langasek escribió:

> Zeroing out of the channel file should never be a result of a problem with
> the delta itself, since this file is not in the delta to begin with but is
> provided by the system-image server in the "version" tarball.  For the image
> you're talking about, this is
> <http://system-image.ubuntu.com/buntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/version-25.tar.xz>,
> which you can see contains a non-empty etc/system-image/channel.ini file.

I knew, but I wanted check if the other tar archives did not contain an
additional
version of the channel.ini file ... there is not;

> Like everything in the system image update, this file is unpacked from the
> recovery partition to minimize the danger of filesystem corruption.  It
> sounds like something corrupted the filesystem for you anyway, in spite of
> these efforts to make it safe.  This may be a bug in the upgrader, though by
> its nature such a bug is hard to identify after the fact.  If yours is the
> only report of this happening, maybe you were the unlucky winner of a cosmic
> ray.  If we see any more than one report of this, then we should assume that
> there *is* a serious unknown bug in the upgrader and the bug should be
> investigated.

One of the comments in the original thread or in lp says that there was
one complaine more about the same issue; could this user please add a
comment in the issue in question in lp, or here or contact me off-list;

thanks

matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045