Re: Document privacy

On 2015-09-17 19:46 , Oliver Grawert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.09.2015, 13:36 +0200 schrieb Jelmer Prins:
>> It doesn’t change the fact that when you have a document in de documents folder and you pen it with an app it is copied to the local files of the app instead of editing that file on its current location.
>> Or has that been fixed already ?
> well, i wrote:
>
>>> applications themselves can not access any space on the filesystem
>>> outside of their execution environment without your knowledge either.
>>> the only way for them to do that is the content-hub which pops up the
>>> "open with" dialog, so even a malicious app would first have to ask you
>>> to import the document into its filesystem space.
> :)
>
> and i dont think that should be "fixed", its a security feature ...
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Suppose I have three separate apps that do the following:

* Scan my entire Pictures folder digitising any text
* Scan my entire Pictures folder matching faces to contacts in my
address book
* Scan my entire Pictures folder adding geotags based on a separate
database of when and where I've been on holiday

Will this result in my entire photo collection being copied three times
over?  Will each of these apps have to do the whole copy from scratch
each time they run?  Will they keep a permanent separate copy?

All three of these apps are going to update the EXIF tags of the photos
as they go.  How will the results from the three apps get merged back
into the copy in the Pictures folder when they're done?