Dekko Performance

Hi all.

I am trying to use Dekko as this seems to be the only non-GMail mail
client available. It works in general but performance is very poor. To
me it seems that it re-polls all the mails on every request instead of
caching the content that has already been downloaded. I am using gmx and
never had issues on other platforms but with Dekko Timeouts appear
regularly. Then I have to close the application and re-open it in order
to make it work again.

I also wonder why checking for new mails takes so long?

I have read some news that in the future it should be possible to check
for mails in background which might improve the situation. Does one know
the status of this effort?

Greets
Marcus