Re: Fixing Volume Controls

This is not a totally trivial problem. Just think of calendar alerts which should probably have their own volume level that is *not* under application control, but user control. Moreover, they should probably always play over the speaker, unless the phone is silenced.

I wrote an article that touches on some of these topics a few years ago:

http://www.triodia.com/staff/michi/blog/Apple.pdf

But, in general, I tend to agree. Fewer roles is probably better, in the interest of user sanity.

Cheers,

Michi.