Re: Contact sync (call for testing)

hi,

Am Montag, den 21.09.2015, 15:48 -0300 schrieb Renato Filho:
> Hi list,
>
> We are about to land a new architecture for our contact sync. And it
> involves a lot of changes on the current service. Because of that we
> would like some help from our community to help us testing it before
> it lands.

so this is the third time somebody sends a "call for testing" mail to
the public ML without any warning.

can we pretty please make sure there is a gigantic red blinking
disclaimer at the top of such mails that your phone *needs* to be
re-flashed cleanly after such a test *and* that the writability needs to
be reverted manually (a --wipe flash will *not* unset it, you need to
--bootstrap or manually remove the writable flag on disk). this is a
general support list, so we have normal users.
while i agree we need to get some real-life testing from willing people
we really need to make sure they understand the risks, using the citrain
tool or installing silo packages manually breaks any possible upgrade
path, a clean re-flash is unavoidable after such a test run ...

ciao
	oli