Re: Fixing Volume Controls

hi
Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2015, 18:07 +0100 schrieb Matthew Paul Thomas:

> As far as I know, nothing is preventing developers from putting a
> role-specific slider in their apps. But that doesn't/wouldn't fix any
> of the problems where the volume buttons don't do what you expect.

quoting you from bug 1389761:

We'll add a "system volume slider" as a standard toolkit widget that any
app can use. This slider will do three special things:
(b) automatically reflect, and adjust, the system volume for the active
output role, without the app having to do anything at all;

did i misunderstand you in that bug ? to me it reads like we will have a
volume slider element in the toolkit that isn't modifyable for the
role ...  (instead of having one that defaults to the active role but
allows a dev to override it with a "role: " property)

ciao
	oli