Re: Request for Comments: Potential New CI Train design

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement
<jean-baptiste.lallement@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 29/09/2015 17:41, Michael Zanetti a écrit :
>> Same here. In general, when it comes to searching/filtering, the old
>> dashboard was quite a bit ahead of bileto. I miss the life-filtering a
>> lot, and I constantly get confused by already landed silos.
>

> The name of the source package(s) in the silo like on the old dashboard is
> also pretty useful.
>
> Actually it looks like poeple want the old dashboard back :)

The *live* filtering is never going to come back. The difference
between the old dashboard and the bileto is that the old dashboard
*could only* access live silos and therefore it just loaded all of
them and provided live filtering, but in the dashboard it has to deal
with all requests and it's not as easy to tell which are active and
which aren't, so it has to load more of them and can't hold them all
in memory at the same time without a big slowdown. So the best I can
offer here is AJAX-y searches which are a bit slower than just
live-filtering a bunch of stuff that's already in memory.

I was hoping that the various views I've added would satisfy people
rather than having a search that hides old requests but people keep
complaining so I guess I have to add that.

It'll probably be a week or two though as I have some bigger
priorities at the moment.