Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New CI Train site design

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Gustavo Boiko
<gustavo.boiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> This new version looks better than the previous one, nice work.
> One suggestion: would it be possible to move the menus to the left? I think
> it would be more intuitive.

This I'm not sure about. I chose the right side for a couple reasons:

* It's easier for thumbing on mobile (and I do use the site on mobile a lot)
* I think the requests themselves are the primary thing people want to
see so it makes more sense for them to have the "top priority"
lefthand space...

I do agree generally that "menu on right" is unconventional, so I
guess it comes down to whether or not people feel convention trumps
those other factors.

If enough people complain about this I can switch it.

OR, we could create a launchpad team for people who prefer lefthanded
menus and then the display could alternate based on membership in that
team :-D