Re: How do we protect the user from data-collecting apps?

On 7 October 2015 at 15:11, Alberto Mardegan
<alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or, even better, give some sort of real-time indication whenever the active
> application is making active use of the internet? (maybe with a led-like
> item in the indicators bar)

(without addressing your main point)

On Android I've used a little app which overlays real-time network
traffic info on the screen as e.g. "D: 664KB/s  U: 11KB/s". I have it
always on and positioned just below the top bar, but that's
configurable.

Here's a screenshot:- http://imgur.com/6VRx1j4

It's totally an expert nerdy option, but it would be quite nice to be
able to do overlays like this, so they could be app-installed, not
necessarily baked in.

--
Alan Pope
Community Manager