Re: Why js not c++?

hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 08.10.2015, 12:54 +0200 schrieb Grak Pal:
> Hello,
> I've got noob question:
> Why most of Core Apps are written in js, not in example c++?
> If I good understand js must be 'compiled' every time we lunch it, c++
> only once.
> Because of that, I thought c++ is much more faster than js (and as we
> can see, launching Core Apps are really slow). Could anyone explain it
> to me?

you can indeed build apps in C++ if you want, but C++ is more complex to
understand and write (if you ever did a dynamic web page in your life
you likely know the basics of js). C++ needs a (cross) compile
environment set up while js means you can just dump a txt (well, .qml)
file in place and it just works. Doing C++ is just a lot more work and
while you can use C++ I think people find it easier to simply use js (I
surely do, i can write a ready made QML app including rolling the click
and uploading it to the store with a plain text editor within 20min, I
(personally) cant do that in C++)) ...

ciao
	oli