Re: help with touchscreen configuration - gestures are not working

W dniu 07.10.2015 o 14:36, Pavel Andrejs pisze:
> To the problem - I noticed this error message
>
> DirectionalDragArea: recognition properties are wrongly set. Gesture
> recognition is impossible
>
> in unity8 log. I did some debugging a found that in
> unity8/plugins/Ubuntu/Gestures/DirectionalDragArea.cpp there is a
> method  DirectionalDragArea::itemChange which calls
> value.window->screen()->physicalDotsPerInch(). The last one returns a
> bad value. This leads to an inf value pixelsPerMm later and disables
> the gesture recognition. For now I solved this with a little hack - I
> hardcoded pixelsPerMm to 306 / 25.4. With this the gesture recognition
> works. I suppose I would eventually find the correct place for this
> value, but some of you may have it faster :-)

The DirectionalDragArea bit is just a symptom, not the problem. It seems
your screen info is not populated with the DPI. This should come from
lower layers, perhaps the graphics driver or so. You'll need to trace it
back to where it should come from and fix it there.

Maybe someone else will be able to provide more details on this.
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Canonical Ltd.